Recording the research process can save a lot of time at the office, which can be spent on more important things instead of the essentials. All of the recorded market research investigations can be quickly converted into a user-friendly version with transcription services.
How can you do market research transcription?
Here are some pointers on how to get better audio for market research transcription:
- Make sure that all mobile phones in the room are switched off
This is done to eliminate unwanted feedback and background noise during interviews. The ‘frequency’ that the phone gets when receiving texts and calls might occasionally interfere with the equipment and cause a distraction during the recording. It can also lead to data loss, drowning out the actual words spoken by the participant.
- Test the device
While this may seem self-evident, many interviewers appear to overlook this step, resulting in low-quality files due to technical difficulties. Many unintentional errors with transcriptions and data interpretations may be avoided if you were prepared before recording.
- Choose a quiet venue
It will help to capture better quality recordings if you are in the correct area, away from crowds and needless background noise. Using HQ microphones would be a smart alternative if there is no other option than to conduct the interview in a relatively loud environment.
- Ask for speaker identification when necessary
This is extremely useful in focus groups and interviews with a large number of people. Before they talk, it’s best to ask them to identify themselves so that the transcriber knows who to credit for the responses.
- Repeat or paraphrase answers
Giving out small comments or repeating responses would greatly aid the transcriber in getting a more accurate audio recording. This is especially true for those who speak with a heavy accent or are soft-spoken.
5 Ways to Improve Market Research Efficiency by Using Transcription Services .
- Increases Productivity and Saves Time: Higher productivity equals higher profits. As a result, it is worthwhile to examine the company’s current productivity. Anything that boosts productivity is time and money well spent, at least in the long run. The market researcher might save time by taking audio notes and having them professionally transcribed. Data may always be translated into a more user-friendly format, regardless of the instrument used to acquire it. It’s all because of transcription services.
- Cost-Effective: Companies are always looking for methods to save money. Let’s face it: market research is expensive. When a company uses high-quality transcribing services, it saves time and money throughout the entire research process. Because of a professional transcriber’s low cost and high quality work, outsourcing transcription needs can enhance productivity while lowering costs.
- More Reliable Data: When it comes to market research, the importance of relevant and accurate data cannot be overstated. Clients need reliable data, therefore having the most up-to-date statistics, data, and feedback would help the company’s reputation. While audio data can be beneficial for giving in-depth information, it cannot do it efficiently or rapidly. With a transcript, however, this efficiency is possible.
- Captioning Video Marketing Content: Transcription is frequently associated with paper transcription, although it also applies to various types of video files, such as WAV, MP3, and M4A. Adding multimedia to video marketing approaches and strategies can be equally beneficial. To begin, any video data would need to be transcribed in the same manner as an audio file would. This strategy can supply the clients with the high level of accuracy they have been looking for. With video material, it is possible to improve a company’s social media profile. Transcription services also cut down on the time it takes to create a high-quality video with subtitles.
- Audio Notes: When using email transcription services, organisations don’t normally have to choose between repetitive and non-repetitive transcribing. All repetition, filler words, and a false start are included. All of these characteristics make reading the transcript difficult. More extensive transcriptions are frequently requested by clients. Audio transcription provides the clients’ material without interruptions or interjections by deleting any irrelevant details.